"Yago" is a Mexican telenovela produced by Carmen Armendáriz for Televisa. It's a remake of a 2009 Turkish drama series Ezel which was also based on Alexandre Dumas's novel 'The Count of Monte Cristo'. The main stars are Iván Sánchez and Gabriela de la Garza.
Omar, a young man from Mexico City, is betrayed by his fiancée Sara, and two close friends, in a failed robbery plot where he was framed as the perpetrator. After being unjustly imprisoned for 11 years and faking his death to escape during a prison riot, he undergoes plastic surgery to alter his appearance and plots revenge under his new identity, 'Yago'.
- Working title for the telenovela was Yago, pasión y venganza.
- Production of the telenovela started in January 2016 in Mexico City and completed mid-June of the same year.
- Although 'Yago' is based on Turkish drama series 'Ezel', similar telenovelas based on Alexander Dumas's novel 'The Count of Monte Cristo' were already made in the form of telenovela. In 2006 Argentine TV channel Telefe made 'Montecristo' starring Pablo Echarri and Paola Krum and TV Azteca made a Mexican version 'Montecristo' starring Diego Olivera and Silvia Navarro.
- The show premiered on May 2, 2016 on American cable channel Univision. Due to low ratings, the show was moved to Univision's second channel UniMás and the new batch of episodes air at midnight E.T. beginning June 27, 2016.
- Due to lackluster rating in the US, Televisa didn't know where to put 'Yago' on the schedule. Finally it premiered in Mexico on August 23.
- 'Yago' did not do well in Mexico as well. After a couple of episodes, due to bad ratings, the show was moved from 'Las estrellas' to Channel 5.
|ACTOR / ACTRESS||ROLE|
|Iván Sánchez||Yago Vila (Omar)|
|Gabriela de la Garza||Sara Madrigal|
|Flavio Medina||Lucio Sarquis|
|Pablo Valentín||Abel Cruces|
|Rosa María Bianchi||Melina|
|Adrián Alonso||Bruno Guerrero|
|Patricio Castillo||Fidel Yampolski|
|Juan Carlos Colombo||Jonás Guerrero|
|Ximena Romo||Ámbar Madrigal|
|Manuel Ojeda||Damián Madrigal|
|Francisco Pizaña||Omar Guerrero|